1. "Conference" lettering; I used rub-ons and also a fine point sharpie to match the style for the letters I didn't have.
2. Picture layout; I really like the smaller pictures I used (close up of me with Jake's hat & back of riding horse) to add more layers to the page,
3. The dried rose
This one is from our vacation to Lake Powell last June. It was so fun. You get really pooped out though being in the hot playing all day so we took a nap and Corina got some funny pictures. I had to use them, of course!
1. Waves on both pages
2. Pictures "hanging" by clothes pins on p.1
3. Different patterned pages for "SLEEP"
4. Square folds on bottom of p 1 and bottom left of p.2
*I made the squares by cutting squares, all the same size, and then cutting circles that where larger than the squares but just large enough for the corners of the squares to touch the rim of the circle. I then folded the excess circle over the squares. I used the same paper for all my circles and a couple different kinds for my squares.
5. The typewriter on p.2; I drew it with ink! So proud.
This page is one of my favorites.
I love, love, love the color scheme.
For my red, blue and tan stripes I used scraps. I love scraps.
I have a lot of love today I guess...
I only had one "light blue whale" paper but I wanted to use it on both pages (to tie them together).
I cut off the bottom 3 inches and used the main portion on page 1.
The extra 3 inches I turned vertical for the right side of page 2.
The shells were cut with the cricket.
I tied the net [bottom of page 2] together using thick white string.
I hand cut the "tags" from page 2 and used a hole punch for the circle.
I cut out one of the whales (from my paper), added some hand cut "waves and "14" (# of lifeguards) to the first tag.
For the second tag I wrote the name of our pool and the "Summer '10."
I always write a date on my pages; no use documenting memories if you can't remember when they are from! :)