I am almost done with my Kitchen ledge design, I just need one more frame! DI here I come...

So far I have

1. Window Treatment which you can reference from a previous post
2. "Eat" letters, also in previous post
3. Vintage scale; purchased from Etsy for around $25.00
4. Faux Eggs in Mason Jar; Mason Jar was .50c at a yardsale & faux eggs purchased Hobby Lobby (around $10.00)
5. Frames; some from DI, one was a gift from my mom and Hobby Lobby.
6. Rooster Weathervane; purchased on Amazon for around $20.00

So excited for my final frame. 

I am going to back it with chicken wire and hang my wedding bouquet from it or photos etc.
I decided I wanted a kitchen upgrade. 

Obviously, new cabinets are really expensive so I decided to start small by adding hardware!

What you'll need:

Philips head driver bit
Drill bit [same width as your hardware's screw]

I chose these two different types of hardware [left]

The pyramid knobs I got from Overstock.

They came in a pack of 20 for $25.00

The label pulls I got from Van Dyke's Restorers.

They were cheaper in chrome [$3.49] so I also bought Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze Spray-paint [$6.00]

Start by marking where your hardware will go. I used a level for my label pull hardware to make sure it was straight and a ruler to make sure it was centered. 

Find a drill bit that is the same, or close, to the thickness of your hardware screws. Put your drill bit tightly in your drill. The pyramid knobs needed a hole that went all the way through the cabinet doors. 

Jake's drill has a level on it so I was able to easily drill a level hole. Very important. You don't want your hardware going in on an angle. I got a little tired and I have two interesting looking knobs.

Put the drill bit in and out of the hole a couple of times after you make it through so that the screw is able to go through relatively easy. I tried putting my screw through after just drilling through once and pulling it out and it was a PAIN!

You still want some resistance but you should be able to screw it in without working up a sweat and stripping your screws. You don't want to strip your screws!

For my knobs I drilled the screw in from the back of the cabinet, with my philips head driver bit [top left image]. I screwed my knob right onto the exposed screw on the front [top middle image]. Easy.

My label pull hardware did not need the hole to go all the way through drawer. I used a smaller drill bit since I had much smaller screws. I only drilled far enough into the drawer to the screw to be completely in the drawer. I put my screws in by hand because the screws were too small for my driver bit and they called for a flat head.

Now I just need to get some cute labels in those pulls!

I love these large gallon canisters that I found at Walmart. They were around $10 each.

I filled them with cerrios, pancakes, & oatmeal

They dress everything up so much!

I really want to get metal scoops for each as well.
This was one of my cheapest decorations ever!

I was offered these beautiful antique window panels for free. Free!

Such a marvelous word...

Anyways my mother-in-law, Corina had a friend that was re-doing a house and had the old windows.

She let me snag 2 panels.

Then Corina and I hoped on down to Tai Pan Trading, in the Provo mall, and I picked out this wreath.

It was $4o but with my coupon I got out of there spending $22.

Next ,I went to Walmart and got this burlap.
I told you I'm obsessed with burlap!

I cut the burlap into strips and attached my wreath to my frame with tacs. 

Probably a better idea to use something more secure to attach but I'm impatient. And its still holing.

I made the bow separate and stitched it to the burlap strap.

I have it on my ledge in my kitchen next to my "EAT" letters from my previous post.

So proud of my $25 project!
I heart Rust-Oleum.

I have used other "metallic" spray paints but they haven't come close to actually looking like metal.

I bought these letters [bottom right] from Hobby lobby on sale. They were $4o all together; more than I thought I would pay but well worth it.

The color when I bought them was a rusty brown color that didn't really go with my vision. 

...I know I'm a nut. Jake couldn't stop laughing when I informed him that the metal was the wrong color.

Lucky for me I did some research and read fabulous things about Rust-Oleum. 

I picked some up at Walmart for around $4.

2 coats later...finished beautiful metallic sheen.